See more Petrol lawnmowers
Mountfield SP185 125cc Petrol Rotary Lawnmower
- This machine is designed and built to cut and collect grass in gardens and grassy areas driven by an operator walking behind it. The 46cm cutting width makes light work of medium sized lawns and with six different cutting heights to choose from, means all grass lengths can be tackled. This machine can: 1. Mow the grass and collect it in the grass catcher bag. 2. Mow the grass and discharge it on the ground through the rear part (if available). 3. Mow the grass, chop it and discharge it on the ground (mulching effect).
- If the machine is not going to be used for 28 days or more please drain all fuel from the machine. Stale fuel can cause damage to the carburettor. Clean the machine of grass clippings before storage. Never tip the mower onto its side as this will flood the air filter. with oil. Inspect the cutter blade for damage, check safety devices and guards, check all nuts, bolts and screws are secure
- Comes with Mulching plug
- Cutting width - 460mm
- Blade type - Standard
Features and benefits
Powered by Briggs & Stratton 300 series OHV 125cc engine, this self propelled lawnmower is ideal for maintaining your lawn with minimum effort
- Reliable, easy starting engine
- This powder coated steel cutter deck is robust and hard wearing
- Mulching plug finely cuts grass timinings into a nitrogen-rich mulch which is recycled back into the lawn as a natural fertiliser
- Self propelled, ideal for maintaining your lawn with minimum effort, particularly if your lawn has slopes
- A 2 year warranty plus a dedicated service link aftersales support and advice helpline with a network of garden machinery repair specialists available on 0800 121 6585
|Manufacturer guarantee||2 years|
|Cutting blade size||460mm|
|Engine manufacturer||Briggs & Stratton|
|Engine model||300 Series OHV|
|Fuel tank capacity||0.75L|
|Rear roller||Without rear roller|
|Start facility||Recoil start|
Steve1764 - 1 month ago
Blade holder has sheared off twice now even though it is not used much
PeterCaulf - 1 month ago
I owned a large petrol Mountfield for 15 years. It was sturdy and well made and got used and abused over that time. After it trundled off to the great green lawn in the sky, I purchased a robot mower, so I only need a normal one for tidying-up. I opted for another Mountfield, but my goodness how things have slipped since my last purchase. It’s obviously smaller and lighter, but the "Generous" grass box has to be emptied every two or three stripes. Worse, it starts to deposit a trail of clippings when it’s only half full. The power and movement controls are now thin wire instead of substantial handles and have a tendency to nip my fingers. They are installed counter-intuitively with the engine power control above the main handle and the movement control below. This means you have to hold the engine control with your fingers and stretch out your thumb to find and reach the movement control – The reverse layout to older machines. Being so light has its advantages, but it also means it’s easily knocked off course by uneven lawns. It starts first time every time without the need for priming but does run a little unevenly. Thankfully I won’t have to use it often.
BE WARNED - DO NOT BUY!
Grasser81 - 2 months ago
1. A complete nightmare to set up, the instructions are actually pointless!
2. Oil and petrol leaks out non stop.
3. Smoke pours out so bad, I had neighbours two streets away come around to check our house wasn't on fire!
4. It doesn't collect grass, it just leaves big thick trails of grass EVERYWHERE!
5. Cuts out constantly! I spent more time trying to restart it than actually cutting the grass.
STRAIGHT back to B&Q with it.
Xxxegujtvkioed - 2 months ago
I have had several Mountfields over the years, usually last about 5 years before the plastic components start to fail.
However I bought again, but found upon assembly that the engine appeared to be seized. B and Q gave me a full refund though we’re pretty graceless about it and there was no apology. Which change allegiances now.
Initial impression are excellent
grassman1968 - 3 months ago
I have just bought this as the ratings on a different supplier for the same mower were 4.5.
I usually dive in but this time I wanted to make sure to read the instructions first. There is also an addendum to add a little plastic grommet under the collection lid that comes into contact with the grass box.
Everything was very easy to put together. Adding oil and fuel was simple. It started first time and sounds fantastic. Cut a little grass to with no effort at all. Yes make sure you add the screws to the grass box and take your time putting it together. I will review again in a few months.