See more Hedge trimmers
Mac Allister MHTP550P 550W 500mm Corded Hedge trimmer
This Mac Allister MHTP550P Corded Hedge trimmer is .
Features and benefits
Features a 50cm actual cutting length blade, and a powerful 550W motor
- Laser cut blades with aluminium bar for a smooth and clean cut
- Blade tip protector+ hole. Keeps moving blades away from obstacles + allows hanging tool on the wall
- 150° Rotating trimmer head for greater versatility
- Aluminium telescopic shaft for set working heights and easy storage. Max working height: 420 cm (depends on user height). Features a single shoulder harness with quick release mechanism
- Electronic and quick stop blade brake. With transparent blade sheath
|Power voltage supply||240V|
Good quality tool but top heavy
Surchin4Serenity - 7 days ago
Pros- Does the job, cuts well and removes the need to climb ladders.
Excellent value for money, looks and feels decent quality but not used for an extended time so can't guarantee longevity
Cons- Very top heavy, especially when extended, so wouldn't recommend for someone small or elderly. Takes quite some strength to use for a long period of time.
Pendleview - 22 days ago
Cuts well but heavier than expected when extended. Only using half hour periods but effective and saves going up ladders.
This product is rubbish
Ian ian - 1 month ago
Used it once and it broke. The plastic locking bar broke
Powerful but heavy
Mj83 - 2 months ago
I've used this a couple of times and yes it cuts the conifers great. However, it's so awkward to handle with the shear size and weight of it. I'm going to buy a smaller one instead
Ourmamie - 3 months ago
We have a large conifer hedge on 2 sides of our garden which gets a cut at least once a year. Its a big job involving much wobbling about on ladders. We originally went for a cordless but took the advice of the assistant that it probably wouldn't be powerful enough for conifer branches. This hedge trimmer proved to be just the job. Its long blade covers a good area at a time and the angling facility makes cutting the tops a doddle. Much safer than a ladder. We did the job in a much shorter time than we have in the past with our old trimmer. Just need to keep the cord away from the blade.